Sunday 10 May 2009

New Flashgun

I have been wanting to get hold of a flashgun for some time now as I'm an avid reader of Strobist.com and also fans of various flickrites that use off camera flashguns to create some excellent and artistic effects.

I really wanted a Canon flashgun but both the Canon Speedlite 580EX and the 430EX are currently out of my price range so I thought I'd get a 3rd party one which I can always use as a slave in the future when I can afford more than one!

So, on a bit of an impulse purchase I bought a Nissin Di622 Canon compatible flashgun. I'm fairly pleased with it so far although haven't played with it too much yet. The only disappointment is that it is not compatible with cheap ebay wireless flash controllers. So, for off camera flash I need to trigger it with the cameras built in flash or manually press a button on the gun! This is mainly a problem as you may not always want light on the subject from the front. Still, I'm working on a cheap solution which may avoid this but long term my plan is to get at least one more flashgun then that can be used to trigger the Nissin.

No comments: