Thursday 29 December 2011

Getting Creative For Christmas

Hope that you all had a fantastic Christmas. I had an excellent one and am lucky enough to have the whole 2 weeks off work so am enjoying the relaxation.

I always think that it's a nice touch to give something personal and creative for Christmas (or birthdays) and although I have gifted a number of framed pictures, photo mosaics, etc over the years sometimes you can't beat a hand drawn picture.

As it was my good friends baby's first Christmas (featured in a previous post), I decided to create a drawing from one of the photos that I took from when she was 2 weeks old.

A few months back, I dug out and dusted off a drawing pad then set to work using fine liners. A long long time ago, back when I was at school, I created a series of portraits using just dots on paper. This is a very time consuming method but I like the way that you can get the required shading just by increasing the consistency of the dots and you can't really go wrong - Well, that's not strictly true but it is easier to cover any mistakes!

Anyway, 2 pens and thousands of dots later, here is the resulting picture....



As usual, click on the image to enlarge and I think this looks better if you view from slightly further away from the screen ;-)

No comments: