Sunday 23 September 2007

Concrete Curry

I Was invited along with a load of others from work to a house warming with a difference yesterday. We were lured with the promise of a free curry and lashings of beer but first we had to move several tonnes of concrete in to a huge skip.

I turned up and with 2 others set to work on filling the skip. For a while it didn't seem as though the pile of concrete was getting any smaller but after an hour or so many others arrived and we soon made light work of it.

Once the manual labour was completed we were treated to a great curry and enough rice to feed a small African nation! The beer and wine then continued to flow in to the small hours and a really good evening was had by all.

I woke up this morning remembering what it feels like to do a lot of heavy lifting which I haven't done since the concrete removal efforts in my back garden last summer.



No comments: