Monday 19 July 2010

Painting the Darkness

When looking at Google Analytics recently I noticed that I've been getting a lot of hits on my various light painting posts.

With this in mind and having just completed soldering up my new and improved LED ring light I thought I'd revisit this popular topic by playing around with a few shots.

I started simply by rolling the LED ring light along my bed.



This created quite a cool geometric pattern so I then started to play around a bit more.



Followed by going along the floor, up the wall and across the ceiling!



Then I ran out of ideas!!

I think I will revisit this but am thinking of getting hold of (or making) a wheel with LEDs attached as rolling the ring light along smoothly is pretty difficult. Anyway...watch this space.

By the way, if you fancy trying out some light painting and your camera has manual settings then you don't need to make anything. As I've shown before in this post you can just use a phone as your light source or any old torch etc. Below is a quick shot that I took using my iPhone.



As usual, click on the images to enlarge.

No comments: